14th ANNUAL OREGON STUDENTS OF COLOR CONFERENCE
Reclaiming our Humanity and Redefining our Narratives: Telling our own Stories
WHEN: Friday, November 14th – Sunday, November 16th, 2014
WHERE: Lane Community College, 4000 E 30th Ave, Eugene, OR 97405
This year’s conference theme “Reclaiming Our Humanity and Redefining Our Narratives: Telling Our Own Stories” speaks to the ways in which communities of color are negatively portrayed in our society. How people of color are often so narrowly depicted and the ways in which mainstream media dehumanizes people of color. The conference seeks to educate participants about the social and political inequalities facing students color as well as focus on the need for people of color to reclaim themselves as full human beings. We must embrace all of our identities and push back on spaces of dichotomy – when it comes to race as well as gender, sexuality, and class. The Oregon Students of Color Conference provides a space where students of color and their allies can come together to develop the skills and critical analysis needed for the advancement of students of color socially, economically, politically, and emotionally.
Registration for the 14th Annual Oregon Students of Color Conference is now open!
REGISTRATION FEES AND DEADLINES
- Early Bird Registration Deadline is October 17th:
- Oregon Student Association Member Campus: $70/ per person
- Non-Members: $80/ per person
- Late Registration Deadline: October 24th:
- Oregon Student Association Member Campus: $75/ per person
- Non-Member Campuses: $85/ per person
PRESENT A WORKSHOP
Present a workshop at the conference! The Oregon Students of Color Conference is now calling for workshop proposals! Do you have expertise, skills, and/or discussion topics you’d like to share with this year’s OSCConference delegates? Apply today!
- Early Workshop Proposal Deadline: October 10th
- Late Proposal Deadline: October 17th
STEERING COMMITTEE MEMBERS
- Perla Alvarez, University of Oregon
- Nolen Guerrero, Southern Oregon University
- Tony Funchess, Portland State University
- Patti Tanewasha, Central Oregon Community College
- Manuel Mejia, Lane Community College
- Mariana Paredones, Lane Community College
- Shivangi Agrawal, Oregon State University
Learn More About the Oregon Students of Color Conference!